Hofner President Bass + flat strings x sponge for bathroom = tight bass.
That day, the original Fender Precision bass came with a plate over a bridge with a built-in damper. Leo Fender patented turning off the sound of the bridge in 1966 with the idea of imitating the thump of a double bass. But these crazy rock and roll kids were not so passionate and tended to remove the cover for more exposure.
But some seers perceived this wacky, fluffy sound of wet bass strings. The Motown, Paul McCartney (at the beginning) and Carol Kay (bass player on all of the great Beach Boys recordings) players used the wild energy sponge technique.
SPONGE BASS recreates this classic rounded beat with 1296 superb recordings of individually porous bass notes.
• One Kontakt .nki instrument
• Eight randomized round robins per note
• 552 MB download (1.4GB uncompressed)
• Fingered (velocity 0-119) and Picked (velocity 120-127) articulations
• Full range of all four sampled
• Humanized ARP / sequencer
• Fade (note Note the length) control the pre-mapped to modwheel (changeable by right-clicking the)
• the Mono / the poly mode Operates the per: string, SO to two two notes not CAN / CAN the BE Played on the Same |: string
• Voice stack mode for up closeup eight: AT notes to once recording
• the Transient, the Tape, the Amp and Cabinet modelling.
• Three-band EQ
• A hint of Room reverb
• Everything is automatable